Veterinary Radiation Oncology Technician
Radiation Oncology Service
UC Davis Health Science District
UC Davis Radiation Oncology service is looking for a full-time Radiation Oncology Technologist for to expand their service. Work schedule is Monday through Friday, hours TBD.
About the Job:
As a Radiation Oncology Technologist you will be responsible for:
- Treatment of patients with life-threatening illness or injury, whose conditions are likely to change on a moment-to-moment basis;
- Assisting the clinicians with operation of the Linear Accelerator;
- Quality assurance;
- Preparing anesthetic protocols;
- Inducing and monitoring anesthesia, and
- Patient treatments.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Must have a current California Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) license.
- Experience pre-medicating, inducing, maintaining, and monitoring patients under anesthesia and applying monitoring equipment;
- Experience operating basic anesthesia equipment such as anesthesia machines, ventilators and various monitoring and lab equipment;
- Experience with medical terminology with the ability to communicate verbally as well as in writing, with a wide variety of people, professionally and diplomatically;
- Experience working independently in providing intense, moment-to-moment monitoring/reassessment of emergent/critically ill patients.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Knowledge of radiation therapy procedures, including external beam radiation;
- Knowledge of basic oncology diseases;
- Assisting with the development of anesthetic protocols tailored to individual patients, as well as managing patients during anesthesia;
- Knowledge of diagnostic procedures such as CT, MRI, and digital radiography policies governing animal use.
About the Position:
The neurology department is a busy three doctor department specializing in the diagnosis and management of common neurologic diseases in canine and feline patients through medical and surgical intervention.
About UC Davis Veterinary Oncology Service:
Welcome to the Oncology Service at the UC Davis Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital. Our cancer diagnostic and treatment services provide comprehensive care at one of the busiest veterinary cancer treatment centers in the world. The services we provide to dogs, cats and equine patients use both traditional and innovative approaches in treatment. The traditional approach includes chemotherapy, radiation therapy, radioactive iodine therapy and surgical intervention. Our innovative approach includes interventional radiology, immunotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, intensity modulated radiotherapy and computerized treatment planning.
Our clinical team consists of more than 30 faculty and staff members, including multiple full-time, board certified veterinarians in Medical and Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiology, and Pathology. In addition, our state-of-the-art imaging services include CT, MRI, ultrasound, nuclear medicine and PET scanning. Scientific research also contributes to our excellence in cancer treatment. Our oncology team performs basic science and clinical research that include clinical trials designed to benefit our patients by discovering new ways to treat and diagnosis cancer. We collaborate extensively with fellow clinical researchers at the UC Davis Medical Center and the worldwide oncology community to develop safer and more effective treatments that lead to new advancements in treatment for both veterinary and human patients. The patient's quality of life is our central focus.
To learn more about the UC Davis Veterinary Oncology service, click here
Benefits of Working at UC Davis:
Please inquire within application
Please submit applications online on our campus website by clicking here
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
Thank you for reading our posting!
Job Posted Date: February 1, 2020
Interested in a job posting Ad...
Post a job listing for 90 days! ($25.00 per listing)