Veterinary Imaging Technician
VCA Loomis Basin Veterinary Clinic
Loomis, CA 95659
Full Job Description:
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Imaging Technician, to join our Specialty Team at VCA Loomis Basin Veterinary Clinic. If you are looking for a new career opportunity near Sacramento, California. APPLY NOW AND JOIN OUR FAMILY!
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high-quality veterinary medicine and patient care. Are you looking to be a part of a hospital team that feels like family while having the support and resources to push your career forward? If so, we would love to connect with you! At VCA Loomis Basin, you can be the Veterinary Technician you have always wanted to be! We have a unique culture in our hospital that values each person’s skill and personality. There’s something special about you, and we are excited to learn more! Whether you are an experienced Veterinary Technician looking for the next step in your career or a new graduate seeking mentorship, our team is ready to partner with you.
Our hospital campus is on nine beautiful acres in the foothills of the Sierra Mountains, set amongst oak trees, a creek, and a pond and shared with wildlife. We are a large, collaborative wacky family that fiercely looks out for each other and enjoys each other’s company. We like humor, wacky socks, and parties on our scenic patio. We have a strong reputation in our community, offering clients a spectrum of services from general practice and 24-hour ER services to specialty services. We have a supportive and fun team of board-certified specialists in internal medicine, oncology, surgery, critical care, cardiology, and radiology, as well as a large team of rock-star ER clinicians and general practice veterinarians who would love to collaborate with you.
Learn More About Our Hospital: https://vimeo.com/640131310/737f4fab25
Imaging Veterinary Technician Job Duties...
As a member of the VCA team, your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent - delivering an outstanding client experience - so they will partner with us for the lifelong care of their companion animals.
The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
- Independently perform diagnostic radiology and CT studies under the direction of a veterinarian.
- Create new and manipulate existing imaging protocols.
- Demononstrate working knowledge of PACS, computer systems, and hospital software.
- Review patient medical information and prepare patient for procedures following proper screening and care protocols.
- Coordinate patient flow through the specialty departments, assisting in duties necessary to expedite service.
- Ability to run CT scans is a plus, but will train
- Train and monitor technical associates on all aspects of CT equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment, contact support specialists when needed, maintaining records of equipment failure, and notifying management.
- Consistently follow safety procedures in accordance with safety standards, immediately reporting any hazards or accidents.
Why you should consider us...
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
- You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500+ doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
- You will sharpen your skills - and even learn some new techniques - and explore career options only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
VCA Animal Hospital offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance. 401(k) retirement plan, pet care discounts, paid vacation, holidays and sick days, and health and well-being programs that provide resources and training. Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials.
Pay range: $26.00 to $32.00/hr
How to Apply...
If interested in this opportunity, please apply online, here.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com
Thank you for reading our posting!
Job Posted Date: August 18, 2023
Interested in a job posting Ad...
Post a job listing for 90 days! ($25.00 per listing)