Who We Are
Veterinary Technicians dedicated to performing a higher level of veterinary diagnostic imaging:
- Digital Radiographs
- Hands-free Radiology
- Fluoroscopic Special Procedures
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear Medicine Imaging
To advance the education and professional recognition of credentialed veterinary technicians who display excellence and dedication to providing superior diagnostic imaging quality to the veterinary patient.
The Academy of Veterinary Technicians in Diagnostic Imaging exists to promote excellence in the discipline of Diagnostic Imaging. The Academy of Veterinary Technicians in Diagnostic Imaging will provide a process by which credentialed veterinary technicians/nurses may become recognized as a Veterinary Technician Specialist (VTS) in the field of diagnostic imaging (DI). Veterinary technicians who meet all requirements as a VTS-DI will demonstrate superior knowledge in scientifically and humanely based techniques of diagnostic imaging for all veterinary patients.
NAVTA recognized the Academy of Veterinary Technicians in Diagnostic Imaging (AVTDI) on August 8, 2018 as the sixteenth veterinary technician specialty with the title of:
Veterinary Technician Specialist – Diagnostic Imaging (VTS-DI)
ACVR 2020 Virtual Conference
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the ACVR 2020 Scientific Conference is now scheduled to be held virtually, on October 19-23, 2020 from the comfort of your own home!
- The AVTDI Technician CE track will be held virtually on October 20th, 2020.
- AVTDI applicants can use these virtual CE credits as in-person attendance for imaging CE requirements.
- Imaging technicians may receive a reduced conference rates with a letter from their affiliated practice where they work. Upload letter to the ACVR website when registering before October 1st.
- $300 coupon for reduced Veterinary Technician rate
- $550 for regular non-members
Non-members must create a ACVR website user profile to register for the virtual conference.
CHANGES FOR APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR 2022 EXAMINATION
There have been multiple credential requirement changes for our 2022 VTS-DI applicants.
All 2022 applicants must use the updated 2022 application packet.
Please refer to the Credential Requirements section within our bylaws as well as our Credential Requirements page for more information.
Visit our Facebook page for more information and updates on our specialty recognition process!