Interested in a job posting Ad...
Post a job listing for 90 days! ($25.00 per listing)
Veterinary MRI Technician
Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital
The Mass Vet Referral Hospital, located in Woburn, MA, is looking for a full-time Veterinary MRI Technologist for our Neurology department.
About the Job:
As an MRI Technologist in the Neurology Department you will be responsible for:
- Prepare and run MRI scans patients per clinician orders to obtain diagnostic images on canine and feline patients
- Sets image parameters and patient positioning
- Works independently or under the guidance of the clinician to modify scan techniques for optimal image quality
- Maintains a clean and safe MRI environment by restricting personnel access and disinfecting between studies
- Performs routine MRI quality assurance reporting any concerns in a timely manner
- Takes an active role in the patient scanning process
- Remains current in MRI trends through CE attendance and certification
- Other duties as assigned Shifts are primarily days with flexibility to include weekends, some on call for holidays may be required
- Graduate of approved medical imaging program or equivalent experience with Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Registered or eligible for certification in MRI by the AART or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience Previous experience in a veterinary hospital preferred but not required
- Understanding and review of medical records pertinent to patient care and image requests
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long-term relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Maintain a positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is expected.
About the Neurology Department:
The neurology department is a busy three doctor department specializing in the diagnosis and management of common neurologic diseases in canine and feline patients through medical and surgical intervention.
About Mass Vet:
At Mass Vet our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field. Our 36,000 square foot hospital, located 11 miles north of Boston, is home to one of the premier level 1 emergency and specialty centers in New England. The hospital is well equipped including a 1.5 tesla Philips MRI, 64 slice GE CT scanner, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, arthroscopy, laparoscopy, fluoroscopy, parenteral nutrition compounding system, mechanical ventilation, complete on-site diagnostic laboratory, comprehensive surgical facilities, and a dedicated ICU department.
Benefits of Working at Mass Vet:
Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full-time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a generous CE allowance.
Thank you for reading our posting!
Interested in applying...
Visit the hospital's website to apply within!